World Ship Society - IMAGES - W.S.P.L. (Photo Library)
WARNING. All photographs on this website are copyrighted by the photographer and/or the World Ship Society, and are not to be copied, distributed or otherwise used for any commercial purpose without the written consent of the photographer.
WORLD SHIP PHOTO LIBRARY
The World Ship Society has in the World Ship Photo Library (WSPL) one of the largest collections of maritime photographic material in the world. The collection is the result of many generous donations and bequests by members of prints, slides and negatives over many years. It is used to provide material for maritime books published by the Society and other publishers, the Society’s monthly magazine Marine News, WSS calendars, monthly offers of prints and individual requests for specific ships from members.
Members are asked to limit their specific requests to no more than thirty ships at any time. However, there is no limit on the monthly offers.
Click here for ORDER FORM, — scroll down for current offers.
Photos from our Photo Vaults
The following images are just a sample of the quality and diversity of those held within the W.S.P.L. These images are not part of any specific offer.
HOW TO ORDER PRINTS FROM OFFERS
To order prints from any of the following offers, please complete the order form (click here for form) as follows:
1. If not already indicated, write the offer number or month and year that appears at the top of each offer.
2. Tick or circle the numbers which correspond to the name of the ships you want. If you want more than one print please indicate this by x2, x3, etc., as appropriate against the required photograph number.
3. Count the total number of prints required. Calculate the total cost at £1.25 per print and add p&p. (click here) [Substantially reduced Members’ prices are as given in Marine News.] Add this information to the form.
4. Write your name and address in BLOCK CAPITALS in both boxes at the bottom. One of these will be used to post the prints to you so please write clearly. If you are a member of the WSS please ensure your membership number is shown.
5. Send a copy of the completed form to ORDER CONTROL at the address given on each offer together with a sterling cheque for the required amount made out to the "World Ship Society". (Please note this address is not the same for all offers.)
Post and Package Rates
Number of cards ordered
UK (2nd Class)
Europe(EU) Sm.packet AirMail
Overseas Sm.packet Air Mail
Overseas Sm.packet Surface
1 - 10
11 - 50
51 - 75
76 - 100
The Society makes monthly offers of Merchant Ship prints available to members in the Society’s monthly magazine Marine News. In order to make these monthly offers more accessible to the general public details of the offers are being shown on-line as well. The price is £1.25 per print plus P&P (substantial discount for WSS members - check the latest issue of Marine News for member prices).
Offers currently available. It is intended to eventually provide a total on-line order and payment service but for the present orders still need to be posted to the address given with each offer.
World Ship Society Members can use the forms if they wish and still be entitled to the reduced “members only” prices as published in Marine News if their membership number is shown on the order form.
The photographs on these offers are copyright by the World Ship Photo Library (WSPL) and prints are provided on the basis they are for personal use only. Should they be required for publication or for other commercial purposes, a very competitive publication fee is required. Details on request.