- Advance and support interest in, understanding of, study of, and research into ships, shipping and related matters.
- Provide opportunities for the interchange of opinions and the discussion of matters concerning ships, shipping and related matters.
- Publish and disseminate information concerning ships, shipping and related matters in the Society’s journals and in the form of books, pamphlets and bulletins or any other form of record which would promote the objects of the Society.
- Publish and disseminate records and reports of the proceedings of the Society or associated activities.
- Form sections or branches of the Society wherever practicable throughout the world to further the objects of the Society.
- Co-operate with any organisations, societies, companies or persons, national, international or local whose objects are or include the advancement of the objects of the Society.
The World Ship Society exists to arouse, stimulate and maintain interest in ships, shipping and related matters amongst the general public; to promote understanding of these subjects and their rich heritage by compiling, publishing and preserving records and illustrative material concerning ships and their part in mercantile and naval activity; and to promote and advance public education in current and historical nautical affairs. The World Ship Society will therefore: